Student Trustee Elections
Learn About Business
Serve Your Community
The U-Store is an independent, not-for-profit co-operative store governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of students, faculty, and alumni.
Three undergraduate trustees are elected each year. Only members of the classes of 2015 and 2016 classes are eligible to run. One graduate student trustee is also elected, both for two-year terms. All terms begin September 1st.
Student trustee elections will be held May 6-8, 2013. Pick up a petition at the cash register at either the Nassau Street Store or the University Place store, or print it online, have it signed by ten or more U-Store members, and return it, along with a short statement (25 or 50 words) noting your qualifications to be a trustee, to the same counter by 5:30 pm Thursday April 28. At that time your picture will be taken. Please note you must be a member of the U-Store to be eligible to run. If you currently not a member, please sign up at either of our store locations to become one.
Why Become a U-Store Trustee?
1. You learn about business practices in general, and about retail operations in particular.
2. You perform a useful service to your fellow students, influencing store operations and selection.
3. It’s an interesting experience that doesn’t take a huge amount of time.
4. You meet influential alumni, faculty, and administration members who also serve on the Board.
5. It looks good on your resumé.
6. There is even a modest stipend.
In short, it’s a great way to learn about business, and to serve the community at the same time.